Naturally, most of us want to use eco-friendly cleansers in our food preparation areas, but let’s face it many food preparation areas call for something a bit stronger and more sanitary than baking soda or vinegar. Stainless steel does not rust or corrode like aluminum or cast iron; it resists dents and scratches easily. The best stainless steel cleaners do a great job without leaving a sticky residue.
A whole industry has developed around stainless steel pots and pans, bowls, utensils, and cookware, and there are many varieties of this metal on the market, all with different compositions and characteristics. Stainless steel cookware is a popular choice for cakes and pies because it doesn’t react with acidic foods.
|Therapy Premium Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish||Best Overall|
|MiracleWipes for Stainless Steel||Budget Pick|
|Hope's Perfect Stainless Steel Cleaner Streak-Free Self-Polishing Formula||Upgrade Pick|
1. Therapy Premium Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish
- Plant-based stainless steel cleaner
- Safe solvent-free formulation
- Safe pH neutral cleaning formula
- USDA certified biobased
- Leaping Bunny Certified, cruelty-free
- Easy to use
- Not a streak-free solution
- Waxy and unpleasant smell
With so many stainless steel cleaners to choose from, it’s tough to find the best. That changes today with the Therapy Premium Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish. This product takes the level of effectiveness and deep 'shine' to a whole new level.
This is a two-in-one product, which means you can have it in your kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, patio, grill, you name it. It takes the mess off, polishes, and protects.
Applying is simple, you just need to spray it on, remove the dirt and grime with cloth, then clean with water after 20 minutes.
2. TriNova Premium Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish
- Commercial or professional grade
- Natural and safe formula
- Removes rust in hard to reach places even without scrubbing
- Contains no wax, silicone, oils, phosphates, ammonia, or abrasives
- Includes a 14×14 microfiber towel to ensure cleansing
- Easy to use regularly
- Backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Very faint smell
- Left a lot of streaks
- Might not be ideal for lightly scratched surfaces
- Doesn’t do much for stains
TriNova Premium Stainless steel cleaner and polish is one of the most effective choices to clean stainless steel utensils and other surfaces. It cleans the oven, stove, toaster oven, microwave, dishwasher, and more!
3. Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaning Wipes
- pH neutral formula
- Quickly cleans, shines & protects any stainless steel surface
- Non-streak formula
- Long-lasting protective layer
- Works well to remove all types of dirt, grime, fingerprint grease, and other kinds of contaminants
- Effortless to use and easy to clean up
- Perfect for cleaning your kitchen, bathroom, fridge, microwave, oven, and dishwasher
- Can leave streaks if not wiped repeatedly
- Leaves white residue that requires further cleaning
- Wipes are dry
If you're struggling to keep your kitchen looking shiny and new, you aren't alone. Keeping up with the build-up of grease, fingerprints, and other grime can feel like an uphill battle. Luckily, we've found a way to clean your kitchen in next to no time effortlessly, so you can enjoy cooking again.
Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaning Wipes bring a high-quality, reliable, grease-fighting wipe to your countertops, appliances, and more. So what are you waiting for? Get to wiping and start enjoying your kitchen again.
4. Hope's Perfect Stainless Steel Cleaner Streak-Free Self-Polishing Formula
- Streak-free shine
- The self-polishing formula requires no buffering
- Simple spray on dirt and wipe off
- Leaves no oily residue
- Safe & non-toxic
- Easy touch-up
- Impossible to get rid of streaks
- Doesn’t work well on tough stains
This is one of the best stainless steel cleaners on the market. When it comes to cleaning your kitchenware, there’s nothing more functional than stainless steel. However, it’s not exactly an easy type of material to keep looking good with regular cleaning. Stainless steel requires a bit more than just soap and water to look its best.
Luckily, this stainless steel cleaner is here to help you tackle those dirt and grease spots. It’s an easy-to-use, streak-free formula that is safe for use with food. Simply spray the surface to be cleaned, wipe, and walk away. It removes the toughest dirt, grime, and grease with no harmful fumes or chemical odors. It’s a perfect addition to any kitchen.
5. Cerama Bryte Stainless Steel Cleaning Polish
- Mineral oil-based formula
- Leaves a high gloss, protective shine
- Removes fingerprints, water spots, and food stains
- Keeps your stainless steel cookware looking sparkling and new
- Too thin
- Doesn't appear to do anything, according to few people
- Cleans only for light and medium messes
The Cerama Bryte stainless steel cleaner is the best stainless steel cleaner for your cookware because its all-natural formula keeps your expensive cookware looking new.
Despite being made from natural ingredients, this polish is more effective against rust than other hydrophobic oils. The formula cleans, polishes, and protects stainless steel cookware and any other stainless steel surfaces, including countertops, tools, appliances, sinks, and more.
The polish leaves a thin layer that protects the cookware from scratches, dents, and mars. It also gives it a professional look with a mirror-like shine. This cleaner is safe for use on any brand of cookware.
6. Magic Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish Trigger Spray
- Stay Clean Technology makes cleaning stainless steel fast and easy
- Leaves a streak-free shine
- Great for all stainless steel surfaces
- Easy spray-on application
- Magic polishes resist scratching and resist staining
- Removes rust, tarnish, stains, and fingerprints
- This is a little too greasy
- Cap comes off easily
If you’re looking for a cleaning solution that’s easy to apply, easy to remove, and easy to wipe dry with no streaks, Magic Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish is second to none.
This spray is designed to remove stains, rust, and fingerprints and leave a streak-free shine on your appliances. The stainless steel cleaner has a citrus-based formula that ensures the cleaning solution doesn’t damage your appliances.
7. MiracleWipes for Stainless Steel
- Dries quickly
- Microfiber Cloth Included
- Simply wipe, and the stainless steel shines
- Leaves behind a protective layer and prevents future stains
- Cleans all types of stainless steel
- Doesn’t use any harmful bleach or abrasive
- Doesn’t remove stains completely
- May leave your stainless steel smelling like chemical for a few hours
- May leave a white residue after the first few uses
MiracleWipes are the best option on the market. Just wipe them on—no need to rub. The stainless steel shines. The best thing about them is that they work on all types of stainless steel.
It will help you clean the utensils you use in your kitchen, to your bathroom fixtures, to your office, and any other stainless steel item around you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best stainless steel cleaner?
It depends on your situation. If you are not allergic to bleach, buying a product with bleach and vinegar makes the most sense. The effectiveness of this method is confirmed by the wide variety of stainless steel cleaners that use this approach.
If you are very sensitive to bleach or have a baby in the house, then the best stainless steel cleaner is a product with oxalic acid. Never use steel wool or any rough surface to scrub your food-grade stainless steel products. This can damage the surface because it contains very thin micro-grooves.
Remember the general stainless steel care tips no matter what cleaner you choose: Always remember to rinse the stainless steel surface with water before cleaning. Never use any abrasive cleaners or scour pads on the surface.
What cleaners can you use on stainless steel?
You can use any of the recommended cleaners in this article on stainless steel cookware. The cleaners are all able to remove oil, grease, and grime without creating scratches.
What is the best stainless steel cleaner and polish?
I searched high and low for the best, fastest, and easiest cleaner. This little gem from Aveeno was the best of the best. Quicker than chrome polish! It's not a cleaner or polish.